Over the past year I have been working on me. I eat better, I exercise and I started taking more and more classes at my local YMCA.
One of those new classes was a Les Mill Body Combat. This class is an intense, high energy martial arts work out. It mixes moves from Karate, Taekwondo, Boxing, Muay Thai, Capoeira and Kung Fu.
Well, in my journey I decided to try this class out. I was so worried I would not be able to hang tough during the whole 60 min. So I started and I loved it.
Now picture this. It's not a secret I am bigger I have lost 40lbs. but there's so much more that needs to go. Needless to say I still have lots of jiggle.
So, we are punching away and I am totally into it. Sweat dripping off my face. The next set of punches has this elbow strike. You punch up with your elbow. Here's were it hit me literally! I go through my series of punches. Left punch, right hook, left upper hook and right elbow strike and BAM! WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT! Did my ARM FAT just slap me in the face! Why yes, yes it did! I could not believe it! I immediately looked around to see if this was seen by anyone else. I wanted to bust out laughing. Thank god no-one saw and I just carried on. I know I cannot be the only person that this has ever happened to. Honestly! I am not the only plus sized person who has taken a class like this. I need to know your hilarious work out stories. Please share! This is a safe zone!
Bottom line is these bad boys need to go!
I want to try a class like that! The thing is, I'm scared of crowds & large groups of people. Before I started wearing my earbuds tucked inside my shirt, I was at the gym running on the treadmill & my hand caught my earbud wire (which lead into my ear & at the other end into my phone) & jerked my phone into my face then it fell of the treadmill & flew off. Yeah, graceful.
ReplyDeleteOh Dear! That is in deed graceful! I probably have enough gym fails for a whole month! As far as going to the classes, now is the best time to start when the classes are low in numbers. Try getting a friend to go with you. For me getting to know the instructors helps A LOT. Get out of your comfort zone and try! Might end up being the best thing that has happened to you. :)
Delete