Monday, January 21, 2013

Celebration of Emily!


This past weekend we celebrated Emily's 12th Birthday. She is big into the animal print pattern these days so we did that with lots of PINK!

This year I found a cake idea on Pinterest where you put colored cake balls or shapes in the cake. Super fun and I thought I would give it a try!

Here was my process. So, I thought that I had a tin for making circles or balls I WAS WRONG and I found out after I had all the batter ready to go! REALLY! So, I do what I do best improvise. I used muffin tins. I used big and small ones.



 
 
 


It turned out SUPER CUTE it really did! As I cut into it more there were more than one colored circle on the slice. I was so excited and literally jumping up and down with joy that it worked that I forgot to snap another picture. I have to say that this is by far the one of the best cakes I ever made. I will post a link to the recipe soon. It was a Super Moist White Cake with Extra Creamy Buttermilk Frosting! YUMMILICIOUS!

This year Emily opened her time capsule that we created on her first birthday. It was a bit emotional as some of the great grandparents didn't think there were even going to be alive today. So glad they are and even more glad we did it this year.

My sweet, sweet father sung to Emily! He sang somewhere over the rainbow. It was very emotional and touching. I absolutely love that song, it means so may things to me and now even more! What a great memory that we will cherish forever.

Here are a few snaps from the day...





 
My beautiful girl! Growing up much faster than I would like. She is such an amazing girl I look forward to watching her grow into an amazing lady!
The LOVES of my life!



Here is my pops singing. Please forgive the shaky start I got a little emotional and had to set the camera down...

I hope someday you wish upon a star!



5 comments:

  1. I will have the recipe posted in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! She looks SO grown up! Hope you all had a great time celebrating. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dad looks awesome and I too love that song. I never knew he played the guitar?? Awesome! That was very sweet of him. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he has started playing guitar after he retired. He was nervous but he did so well. I am going to cherish that memory forever!

      Delete