Drink, Eat, Be Merry!
For his birthday this year I knew his gift had to include vodka somehow. I did some searching around on the Internet and found this website http://mixthatdrink.com/jolly-ranchers-vodka/ .
At first I had planned to make their starburst vodka recipe but I simply did not have enough time to go through all the steps. Then I found this wonderful recipe for Jolly Rancher Vodka.
The recipe:
8 oz of vodka
12 jolly ranchers
You can make bigger batches just add the correct amount of Jolly Ranchers.
I used 16 oz. canning jars and so I doubled the Jolly Ranchers. Once you have the Jolly Ranchers and vodka together shake them a bit, then let them sit a bit, shake some more, sit some more and wait 24 hours. By the end of the next day the ranchers were totally melted. I honestly did not shake them too much. I let them sit for 5 hours and gave them a shake before I went to bed. then I shook them one more time in the morning and they were pretty much all melted. I imagine the more ranchers you put in the jar the longer it would take.
Here was my finished product.
Who doesn't like a fun label on their drinks. I made the labels myself. If you like the template you can get it here.
Give it a try! They taste delicious and please let me know how your turned out. Also, if you ended up trying the starburst or skittles recipe instead.
Enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment