Today, I had the opportunity to have lunch with a pretty great person. It was on the other side of town. So I had a nice long ride there and back. On my way back home I decided to take the roads less traveled. It too longer to get home but boy oh boy was the scenery beautiful and little did I know where this road would actually take me!
I LOVE taking in all the natural beauty that surrounds me. The changing of the seasons, both visually and through the smells of rich soils and fallen leaves just makes me smile. At times I felt like a kid in a candy store and I had just wished I had my real camera with me and not my phone. I wanted to stop the car so many times and enjoy it, capture all the beautiful fall colors.
As I was appreciating the scenery around me, the song “Home” comes on and oh and I whisked away in memories of big gatherings with friends, friends which I consider my family. I AM A LUCKY GIRL, I thought to myself. I have all these wonderful people in my life. People who will drop everything to help when needed. People who make me smile and love my kids and my family as their own. I can’t help but to smile at the thought that these people also choose me and my family to be in their life! It truly fills my heart with joy. Yup, I AM LUCKY.
From that thought I was taken away by a vision of my husband, by the song “Falling in Love At a Coffee Shop” (love that song!). My dear, sweet, strong man; who I am still infatuated with to this day and can give me butterflies. My husband, who ALWAYS put us and our needs first. Yes, my hero who even at his most frustrated moments with me, (and there are many), will still reach out and quickly forget with a big hug and kiss from me. His smile lights up my face and makes my soul sing. I love him so deeply! I would be so lost without him.
I so enjoyed my ride
home. I realized how blessed I am to
have all these wonderful things and people in my life! Yes, I am A VERY LUCKY
GIRL!
No comments:
Post a Comment