Written December 26th...
It's the day after all the Christmas festivities and as I sit here drinking my coffee looking around at the Christmas goodies around my living room I can't help but have a full heart! I am so thankful for my family and my husband's family. They have been such a big support and big reason for our success as a family through the years. I cherish their continued love and support and my heart is thankful for that!
My daughter's had a wonderful holiday and were so thankful for all they got! I have to share a short story about my oldest Emily. As we divided the gifts up early Christmas Day, her pile was noticeable smaller than her sisters. This was due to the new phone she would be getting and had no idea. As she opened her gifts I could see that she was not disappointed but like she didn't get what she wanted. She kept a small smile on her face as she watched her sister opening up her gifts and then her moment came and we surprised her with her cell phone. She cried and was so excited and thankful it made me cry and as tough as my husband is he was bright red fighting back the tears. I asked her after how she was feeling as she watched her sister open up all her gifts. She said to me, "Well, I knew that I was getting my ears pierced so I kept telling myself be thankful for that and I have that to look forward too."
That moment as well makes my heart swell and so proud of my Emily. This young girl has a huge heart, is so sentimental and truly thankful for all she has. She never says she doesn't have enough and really doesn't ask for much at all. She is going to do great things for people when she gets older; I feel that and believe that with every fiber of my being. She is a very special young lady and I am so in love with her and so proud of her.
Meanwhile, back in Cristina land she too has many wonderful qualities and is definitely going to be the person to make people laugh and enjoy life. She had picked out a robe to wear around the house while on a shopping trip with my mother in law. This robe was not the cutest by far but she loved that damn thing. So, my mother in law bought it for her and when she opened up that gift she was so excited and wore it immediately. What I love about that is she is not afraid to be herself. She is truly one of a kind and unique! She does what she loves and that is it! A true free spirit not corrupted by others thoughts or words!
My heart is overflowing with love for them, they are my world and I am so proud of them. I really am excited to see what they become as they grow up and what they accomplish. If you ask me everyone will know their names, but I am biased, I am their mom!
In reflecting about my girls I could not imagine my life without them. My thoughts go to the families who didn't have their child home for Christmas this year. May they find some type of peace!
I hope you found your moment of bliss this holiday season, amidst all the holiday chaos!

No comments:
Post a Comment