Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas Elf on the Shelf...NOT!

What is the deal with the Elf on the Shelf? That thing scares the shit out of me. For a while I thought I needed to get one too for my kids. I thought about it but never bought it. I ended up getting something from another store that was a vintage elf but not the elf on the shelf and I don’t even do anything with it.  I couldn’t bring myself too. The thought of having an elf supposedly move around the house while I am sleeping scared the shit out of me.  I kept thinking if it scared me then it has to terrify my kids! It has those creepy little eyes and devilish grin.  “Yes, go to sleep and I won’t kill you, maybe!”  COME ON!



 
Honestly it kind of looks like a clown don’t you think and I am scared of clowns. UGH! If I was a kid and knew that when I slept that damn thing was walking around the house that would creeps me out. I would be terrified it would end up in my room, stealing my breath or starring at me while I slept. CREEPY!!!  ENTER...the clown from the movie IT and the Poltergeist scene!

 
 
I need not say anymore! I believe my point is made. IT'S SCARY!!!!



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the first person that's scared of these things! I love the clown too. I did shriek though because clowns scare me too. I'm timid, like a puppy. Lol jk.. I'm stopping by from Bloggy Moms & I'm a new follower. I hope you & your fam are having a great night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, I am also terrified of clowns! they are honestly no good! :)

      Delete
  2. I am with you...the whole Elf on the Shelf thing went right past our house and kept on going. It just isn't our style, we are the type of family that likes knowing where are decorations are at all times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally doing elf on the shelf but i have a quick story for you that happened just this morning. My son comes downstairs (he is 5) "Mommy do you know where Chippy is" Me "yes, but you have to find him, I saw him this morning" 5 year old (as he hides his head) "is he holding a knife" I about died, i was like "no why would you think that" so i think my 5 year old is hiding the fact that the elf is terrifying him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't do the elf on the shelf thing either - way to big brotherish for me. I think it also teaches kids about tattling. (Hello from the Mom Bloggers Club!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one. My kids love him... And fear the ever loving crap out if him. It's known that if they don't listen, they will wKe up with Buddy watching them from atop their pillow. Fear is the best way to make kids behave.

    Buddy is currently hiding in the oven.

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete