Friday, April 19, 2013

Will I survive...


I recently made a very big decision. It is a life changing thing, had to think about it for several days before I made my mind up, wasn’t sure how my family would handle it and ohhh so stressfully painful. I deactivated my Facebook account!! What else would I be talking about?

I did it! The evening of April 18th at approximately 9:30 pm I hit that little button that says deactivate. It asked me if I was sure. Trying to will me back with pictures of my friends saying they would all miss me. That their lives would never be the same without me (ok not that part, but it did say they’d miss me). I may have shed a tear or got an extremely gassy stomach from the stress of it all and hit YES,  I  AM  SURE!

Then I took it a step further and deleted the app from my Iphone! OHHH EMM GEE!!!! What the hell am I going to do now? Well…..I am going to organize my freakin craft room and get my ass in gear! I have this dream, ahhhh, a very nice little sweat dream that one day I will have my own little store selling some crafty goodness, with coffee and a kid corner yadda yadda yadda! So, I am now going to put more effort into that.

Honestly, I really didn’t need to deactivate FB to do this but I just wanted to focus on me and step away from the Facebook world. Not to mention the fact that Facebook really takes away from truly connecting with people.  I want to really be in touch with my friends and the people that matter to me. I don’t need Facebook to share stuff with the people that matter.

Anyways, I am not totally gone just taking a vaca. HAHA, you all probably said, “Shit! She isn’t gone!” when you checked your inbox! I'll keep you posted on my withdrawal symptoms!

Well, that is it on the FB thing for now.

Meanwhile back at the ranch…

My oldest made HONOR ROLL!!!! She is so cute when you ask her what her GPA is she says, “I got a 3.545!” All those numbers are very important. Now I get to put one of these bad boys on my car!! 

 
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!

UPDATE>>>>>>>
 Okay, so there are several things I realized while gone for not very long from facebook.

1.  Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is revolved around freakin facebook!!!!! I can't tell you how many times a game or program would log me in and I would have to hurry and deactivate again.

2. I really missed seeing posts from my friends and honeslty making people laugh!!! I mean I am not all that funny but I like to think I can make people chuckle.

3. I also learned that if people really want to talk to you they will call or text or email.  It was nice and surprising, I enjoyed that feeling!!

4. I guess the REAL reason I took a little break is there are certain people you feel you have to be friends with and so you do it fearing that unfriending will cause a scene. I decided to hell with that.  You know who I am talking about! Those people who you were once close to and grew apart, maybe your family is friends with them, you used to work with but didn't really connect, the people who are so negative you cringe when you read their post or put all those issues out there for the world to see and maybe even your own sibling (hey just saying!).  Yup, I decided to hell with that and made MY Facebook page what I want it to be! Got rid of the negativity and keeping it REAL! Fun, positive, light, inspirational, easy going, care free, silly, funny maybe a little R rated at times. Yup! Pretty much sums me up! :)

So, I am back after being found out trying to sneak on to print out come coupons from facebook. I am not to proud to admit my defeat! haha! Damn Facebook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment