Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Who Am I?


Day 1 of BLOGTEMBER


Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

I come from a family that values hard work, honesty and being true to you. I had many great role models growing up from my parents, grandparents and cousins who really help mold me into the person I am today and I am forever grateful!  I learned that working hard pays off, never give up, hold true to your beliefs and treat everyone as you would want to be treated and much more. Watching my grandfather work every single day even the day after he was attacked and stabbed taught me determination and dedication. Seeing my father meditate and reflect taught me to reflect as well and look for the bigger picture in events that take place. Watching my mother and grandmother take care of their families and husbands taught me to stand by my man through thick and thin. Having my cousins around for most of my childhood and teen years, they taught me acceptance and compassion. They were always so accepting of everyone and me and my goofy self, I am so thankful for that.

So that is me. It took many years of fine tuning and understanding but I am very happy with the person I am at this moment in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like awesome role models :). I'm sure you re a great model to your kids like they were to you.
    Angela @ Time with A & N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have incredible people in your family with great morals that helped you to be your best. It has to be amazing to be able to pass that down to your kids!

    ReplyDelete