I have been away too long and I am very sorry! Summer just
kind of took hold and didn’t let go. We just got back from a Labor Day camping
trip. The weather was perfect and the so
was our timing. This year has been a
struggle for our family in so many ways. We were tested and faced trials and
are rising above. If anything else the one lesson I learned this year is that
happiness truly, truly does not have anything to do with money. All these years
my husband and I worked our asses off to try and make it big in both his
business and my career in early childhood. I started in child care because of
my children but wanted to make it as a Director one day and have a center I
would be responsible for. Making the more money and having the “title”. Boy I
could not have been more wrong. Although I did love it and I cherish every
child that touched my heart. It brought me more stress and time away from my
family than I cared for. So I made a
change in my career and with that change took a chance. I have always said, “I never want to look
back and say I wonder.” I took a pay cut and in the beginning less hours.
My husband worked and worked on creating a business that we always wanted to be the next “big” thing for us. Run by family, having the kids learn it, have the business grow etc. We tried and we did grow and then things changed. At the same time I switched jobs we lost major income from the business, basically shutting down one of the areas of the business. Then this past summer as most of you know I was laid off.
Enter the MOST humbling experience ever in my life. We were
hurting financially and because of that struggle I actually qualified to go to
the food pantry in our county. We had to use it for a couple months. The first time I went, it practically brought
me to tears. Literally, I walked in got
my number with my registration paperwork in hand and sat down. I looked around
me at the people who had it so much harder than we did and I had to excuse
myself outside. I sent a text to my husband that said, “I feel so depressed
sitting here!” I got myself together and went back in. From the time that I
registered to the time I had all my food. I was not judged at all. I was
treated with tender, caring hearts! I swear each of those people are angels!
Angels that said “It is okay! We are here to help you at this time in your life.”
To this day I am touched and I plan on helping out that pantry as soon as we
are ready to.
I really debated on sharing this story and will not tell my
husband I posted this. I am not sure how
he would feel about that. It is hard for the man who says “This is my responsibility.
I have to fix this”, it is a blow to their ego/machismo. At the same time, everyone has a story. I just wanted to share to show that no matter what battles we face, remaining positive truly helps in overcoming the hurdle. I know that sometimes
circumstances like this can break a family. For us it has made our family
stronger! This summer we survived and grew as a family! We learned how to do
without certain things and pass on others. We spent a lot of time together. My
spirit and soul are so full, honestly I am the happiest I have been ever! I
just remember thinking “Yup, this is pretty shitty but, we are healthy, we have
each other, it could be worse!”
Now, I present to you pictures from our weekend! I think
they sum up our story well!
I love my family!!!!!
Guess what? Blogtember starts TOMORROW. I'm BACK!!









No comments:
Post a Comment