I have had lots of change in my life this past year. Left a
stable job to work closer to home, fell into a 3rd shift schedule,
got laid off and now in a temp to hire position working days again. How is one
supposed to maintain a regular workout routine with all that change in ONE
YEAR!
I fell off the workout band wagon and I fell off hard! Like
face first without bending the knees hard. I tried to get back into it and just
wasn’t feeling it emotionally. The more I think about how fit I WAS, when I was
doing my best and mud runs and two workouts a day and now BLAHHH!!! A big fat blob
of fat! It just DEPRESSING and you feel like you let yourself and family down!!!
Don’t you hate how you do that to yourself too. You start to
feel bad then don’t go to the gym because you are embarrassed that you are
still a fat ass and so then you beat yourself up about it ALL DAY LONG!!! I thought I was better than that and I just
fell into that nasty trap. There is no other excuse but feeling sorry for my own self.
Well, I have to get back into the game. I miss it! I miss feeling good and not having
my stomach poke out of my shirt and being a couple sizes smaller. I miss it and
I miss it bad! So, I decided to put it
out there. Now just hold on, I am not going to do anything CRAZY like post my
weight or a pic of myself in a swimsuit. SHIT! NO WAY! I am going to just blog
about my progress, my ups and downs and hope it helps me with a little bit of accountability.
Now, once I start feeling better I will put more out there
but let’s start with baby steps, ok. I am NOT ready for all that Jillian Michael’s
come to Jesus shit! No thank you!
To kick things off I am going to post two challenges that
are my big PROBLEM AREAS and incorporate them into my daily workout routine. Please feel free to do them with me and
share your success and failures too. If there is anything I learned is having a good support group around you makes a BIG difference. Maybe later if there is interest I can
start challenges on fat secret and make it fun!
Here are the challenges, just click:
Here’s to being and feeling healthy again!!!
Cheers!
I completely hear you on the beating yourself up about how you look and not working out anymore. I've been awful about working out though since I had my first daughter. Four years ago! So I feel off the wagon years ago. I just signed up for a 5k in November so I'm hoping that will motivate me to stick to a workout plan and lose some weight. I'll have to check out the abs and arms challenge though because those are two problem areas for me too. Also I nomiated you for the versatile blogger award :) You can check out the details here:
ReplyDeletehttp://glennbabies.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
Thanks Angela! YEAH!!! Good luck prepping for your 5K. I am hoping to get there again for next year. I have to work on strengthening my knees.
DeleteI hope I can also find time to work-out. :( Goodluck! :)
ReplyDelete