Friday, May 17, 2013

Gifts for mom

For Mother’s day this year I made both my mom and mother-in-law a plaque with a picture of the girls and a quote.
Now forgive me because I didn’t even think to take pictures of the process until I was done.  That happens way too much! I don’t know why either because my phone is practically surgically attached to my hand.
Anyways, here is what I did in WORDS:
  1. Find your wood that you want to use. I was lucky enough to find this wood in my husband’s scrap pile in the garage. You can paint or stain whatever you wish.
  2.  I then looked for a quote on the good ole interweb and recreated it in publisher to look like subway art. When I created it I made them bubble letter in word art so they weren’t solid words just outlines.
  3. ***Be sure to flip your words over! You want to create a mirror image*** Like this…  It will leave a light stencil for you to fill in.  I watered down brown paint for more of a water color effect.

Picture borrowed from Domestically Speaking
Once painted modge podge your picture where you want it and the rest is up to you. Embellish it how you want and hang how you want. Have fun there are so many options! This is what I ended up with! THEY LOVED IT! I only wish I would have taken a picture of them when they opened it!

No comments:

Post a Comment