Let’s
take a moment to breakdown what this really means.
Here what
is planned…Mother’s Day Brunch at my house…
Friday:
- Organize meal and what I need to get.
Saturday:
- Clean, clean, clean and clean some more. Apparently I only clean on “Special” Occasions. Where did all that dust come from LORD!
- Get the shopping list in order. Go to store, no wait 3 different stores, come home and
unload groceries. Finish Mother’s day
gifts. Make flower arrangements for house and gifts. Sit for a bit. Finish
getting supplies ready in kitchen…Go to Bed.
Sunday:
- Wake up at 5, shower drink coffee, quick dry hair and let the cooking begin. Coffee bar ready, mimosa bar ready, brewing, chopping, washing dishes as we go. Make bacon, then hash browns, then eggs, check chicken baking in oven. Pancakes check (just warmed those). Eggs Benedict working. People arrive provide drinks, assist with platters, questions, greetings, wishes, laughing, cooking, organizing, cleaning.
- FINALLY sit for a moment eat some food. “Oh, can I have a Mimosa?” SURE. Get up make mimosas, organized the clutter, wash a few dishes, Mother in Law kicks me out she wants to do. Put dry dishes away.
- 2pm everyone is departing. Finish cleaning kitchen, putting dishes and appliances away. Kitchen back in order through a load of laundry in. Crash on the couch!
MOTHER’S
Day – A day to celebrate mothers and all the hard work they do every day. SO, let’s plan a brunch and make them work
some more!
Now, in
all honesty I do love the craziness and hosting big family parties. I love my
family! I wish my house was bigger so I
could have more people over, the more people that come the better. It is however a TON of work. Let me mention my husband was right there in
the kitchen with me working away like a bitch! We did it and it just proved to
me more that we make a GREAT TEAM! I LOVE THAT MAN!
This year
I got wonderful gifts from my daughters. Emily gave me a candle from Bath and
Body works and the smell is LOVELY! She also
wrote out a very thoughtful card thanking me for always listening to her and
helping her deal with “friend drama!” brought a tear to my eye!
Cristina
decided that this year she wanted to make a model of me! So after much discussion with her father, he
took her to hobby lobby to get all the supplies she would need. This is the
result of her hard work and creativity!
I honestly have to say that this is the BEST gift I have ever
gotten. I swear it makes me smile just
thinking about it. Here is what the
model looks like…
Happy Mother's Day!






Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!
ReplyDeleteI did thank you! From reading your post it looks like you did as well! Sending some love your way!
Delete