First... I remember being about 11ish with my friend Jaime
and we always got into mischief together (and still to this day). For some reason we were fascinated
with fire and this one day I remember particularly well because a. we still
talk about it to this day and b. I was wearing brand new shoes my mom bought me
at JCPenny’s Outlet! We were in the
alley off the main street and one of us had a book of matches probably Jaime
she was the TRUE trouble maker and we started a small fire. We as we were sitting there watching it this
lady drives by and screams FIRE FIRE FIRE out of her car window. It scared the
shit out of us so we quickly stomped out the fire and that is when my brand new
shoes got a little burnt! I was so upset because I just got them and they were
KEDS! I found a picture of the exact shoe on the interweb!!!!!! Anyways, we thought we were scared and never
did it again!
![]() |
| LMAO! I can't believe I found the picture of them!!! |
Second...I always remember my little brother following after
us on his BIG WHEEL!!! We would never want to play with him and we would be on
our skates or bikes and there he’d be right behind us on his big wheel. I think
sometimes we’d turn it into a game and he’d chase us but man I still hear that
sound today of the little yellow plastic brake against the plastic black rear
tire and then the skidding of the tires on the cement. I swear it instantly takes me back!
Three... being at my grandparent’s house! We spent so much time there! My grandfather
would walk us to a grocery store on the other side of town and buy us these
mini gallons of oj. Man did he spoil us. He was hard on us but he spoiled us.
My grandma making us treats and my favorite milked down coffee with saltine
crackers. YUM!!! The plum tree and strawberry plants in the backyard. The porch
my grandpa would sit on with his radio playing Mexican music. The attic that
turned into a playroom for us, we’d spend hours up there! I could go on and on
but I LOVED IT!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment