Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 3 - Blog Challenge


What is the greatest amount of physical pain you ever endured?

I feel that the typical answer would be childbirth. I really tried hard to think of something else, but couldn't. I have sprained ankles, torn ligaments etc but still doesn't compare to the recovery of a C-Section.

I mean think about it. You are practically cut in half to have a watermelon removed from your body. Then you get staples and stitches. Oh and lets not forget having to pass that first fart! OMG! could anything hurt anymore???? Yes, the first bowel movement! Have Mercy!

So, after my second daughter I begged to early. I was ready Fart passed, shit taken, food was eaten I was good. They actually let me!!! I was so excited. Then after I got home I enter the home only to be confronted by the 20 stairs I have to climb to get to our living room! OH EM GEEEEEE!!! I can't express enough to you the amount of pain that caused! I could not go up the stairs. I tried to crawl, go up backwards, shimmy, you name it I tried it. My stomach on fire, in pain and exhausted.

30 minutes later and lots of crying I finally made it up the stairs. I could not believe I made it up those stairs. You have no idea. My poor husband was helpless, he offered to drive me up the side of the house to the backyard. This would then put me on the upper level. (Our house is a bi-level on a hill.) But by that time I was in the middle of the stair case. So, A. Being stubborn and B. not sure if the pain would be any easier going down, I continued! That was an intense experience!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. I've been in a lot of pain in my life, but childbirth takes the cake!!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete