Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 6 - Hardest thing I ever experienced


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
What is the hardest thing I ever experienced?

Hands down I say they day I handed over my baby girl to the nurse as they took her for her first of four surgeries. I tried so hard to play it cool but as soon as I walked out to the waiting room I lost it. The thought of my poor baby so helpless and at the mercy of the Dr's. was heartbreaking. She was born with a large mole on her forehead called a Hairy Nevus. It was being removed for two reasons, 1. the potential for cancer and 2. it was HUGE!

She had a series of 4 surgeries up to the age of almost 3. Each time the healing was worse for her. But let me tell you this girl is SPUNKY! As a young girl herself portraits would includ her "Harry Potter" scar on her forehead. I LOVED that she just knew it was part of who she is. Even now as a 9 year old she doesn't let it faze her. Every once in a while there is a kid at school who will say something and she will come home and say something about it. I told her to tell them she was a super-secret ninja girl and she got into a fight, it’s a battle wound! She laughs and its over. Here is my sassy, funny, loving, sensitive but tough, tom boy, witty, smart and so much more Rock Star of a child. 

This is my girl.  She is ONE OF A KIND.  I mean seriously just look at her outfit! The best part is my husband was all over town with her looking like that after her Dr. Appt. Let me point out the lovely belt used as a scarf and that bright green & white thing underneath the layers, is a bra! :) 



2 comments:

  1. She looks so happy :) That must've been so difficult to go through but she exudes such confidence and courage.

    Luckily she is safe and well :) good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is a very happy little girl and very confident. I admire that in her! She is amazing!

      Delete